Hello, I'm Jennifer! Or Jen if you'd prefer :) Just here on Tumblr to people-watch and laugh at funny things. I sometimes post my own art or thoughts here as well.
Really like this. We need to find ways of transforming real sex positivity to promote choice in sex, not uncritically promote sex itself.
This. All of this.
For anyone who needs boat references for art or fic.
There’s always space for yet another armor tutorial, right? (ﾉ´ヮ´)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
Note that the armor I drew would be worn around 15th century, the more into the future the less and less components knight’s armor had (i. e. in early 14th century instead of greaves a knight would wear long boots only; in 12th century knights didn’t wear plate breastplates and instead a chain mail only). Also the design of armor pattern changed by year and was different in every country (i.e. in eastern Europe armors, while still looking European, were heavily influenced by Turkey). so just make sure you always do research whenever drawing an armor. And one more thing to keep in mind is that armors were expensive, knights wearing a full plate armor weren’t an often sight.
Some links that may be useful:
- Armour Archive (I strongly suggest to browse its forum, there is no country or period of which armor wouldn’t be discussed)
- Therion Arms (armorer’s page; each accessory is photographed in big resolution and several time so it’s a nice page to use as reference for drawing)
- Revival Clothing (another store, but both with medieval clothing and armors; I suggest to read the articles, they’re often supported with pictures)
- Basic Armouring:A Practical Introduction to Armour Making (pdf)
- Educational Charts (pdf, shows how armors and weapons changed over the years)
- Medieval & Renaissance Material Culture (actual medieval resources, mostly paintings. And my favourite subpage - women in armor)
- Dressing in Steel (youtube; a demonstration how to dress in armor)
- How shall a man be armed? (youtube; another demonstration but with 4 different knights from different periods)
the video is adorable, when they first saw each other they tried to break through their enclosures to reach each other, and when they couldn’t, they just stood all night with their trunks reaching through the bars, stroking each other
have some more old filler stuff as I scramble with exams this month.
The Adventurer Alphabet, something I started around a year ago and never finished. Messy and missing a handful of letters, but I still somewhat like the idea behind it. Might revisit and re-stylize this some day.