Hello, I'm Jennifer! Or Jen if you'd prefer :) Just here on Tumblr to people-watch and laugh at funny things. I sometimes post my own art or thoughts here as well.
Moose at the Kostroma Moose Farm in Russia.
The farm began in 1963 as an attempt to domesticate moose for milk production. The moose on the farm have free range of 36000 hectares of protected Russian wilderness for part of the year, but freely return to the farm for food and to give birth to their young. The moose living there are extremely tame and are happy to be handled and milked, and even enjoy a spot of petting from the farm workers.
"When I was about 20 years old, I met an old pastor’s wife who told me that when she was young and had her first child, she didn’t believe in striking children, although spanking kids with a switch pulled from a tree was standard punishment at the time. But one day, when her son was four or five, he did something that she felt warranted a spanking–the first in his life. She told him that he would have to go outside himself and find a switch for her to hit him with.
The boy was gone a long time. And when he came back in, he was crying. He said to her, “Mama, I couldn’t find a switch, but here’s a rock that you can throw at me.”
All of a sudden the mother understood how the situation felt from the child’s point of view: that if my mother wants to hurt me, then it makes no difference what she does it with; she might as well do it with a stone.
And the mother took the boy into her lap and they both cried. Then she laid the rock on a shelf in the kitchen to remind herself forever: never violence. And that is something I think everyone should keep in mind. Because if violence begins in the nursery one can raise children into violence.”
—Astrid Lindgren, author of Pippi Longstocking, 1978 Peace Prize Acceptance Speech (via withoutawarning)
"Sayaka didn’t JUST want to heal Kyousuke’s arm, she wanted him to LOVE her for it. Homura didn’t JUST want to redo time, she wanted to SAVE Madoka. Mami didn’t JUST want to be saved, she wanted to have FRIENDS and a FAMILY. Kyoko didn’t JUST want her dad to have his followers back, she wanted her family to be HAPPY.
You see, because they weren’t clear or honest about their wishes, they didn’t get what they truly wanted, and in the end, that is what caused their misery”
1. Contrary to popular belief, waking up early isn’t going to drastically alter your life or effect how you’re feeling. So sleep till noon and relish in the way laying in bed all day makes you feel a little more human.
2. Drinking your coffee ‘black’ doesn’t make you cooler or more sophisticated than the rest of us who load in milk and sugar.
3. Being unimpressed by everything makes you look like a twat. Get excited, be overly passionate about something. Enthusiasm is fun.
4. Hating yourself isn’t romantic.
5. Eat whatever you want. your friend’s a vegan? Awesome. Listen to her talk about how great she feels because of it while you tuck in to some chocolate cake. Tell her you feel just as great.
—More Reminders- Charlotte Geier (via thewastedgeneration)
I…. I’m not crying…. There’s just something in both my eyes…